New Quarterly Case Update June 2012 availableJun 15, 2012
The June 2012 update of new cases filed, pending and recently concluded or rejected cases, and current case statistics is now available.
The highlights in this Quarterly Case Update include:
- Canadian and Mexican NGOs and trade unions file complaint at Canadian and Mexican NCPs against Excellon Resources for allegedly breaching provisions on disclosure, human rights, employment and the environment at the La Platosa poly-metallic (silver, lead and zinc) mine in Mexico.
- ACIDH and partners file complaint at Belgium NCP for human rights violations at Compagnie Minière de Sud Katanga mine in the DRC.
- Escapes Santander files complaint at Mexican NCP against BHP Billiton’s subsidiary Minera Escondida for violation of property rights.
- Centerra Gold responds to complaint by Canadian and Mongolian NGOs regarding human rights and environmental violations in Mongolia.
- UK NCP rejects complaint against TetraBOOST in leaded gasoline case; complainants disagree with NCP’s logic for rejecting the case.
- US NCP prepares final statement in Wishbone Hill coal mine case against UCM and J-Power.
- The Luxembourgean NCP, with the support of the Dutch NCP, hosted a meeting between Friends of the Earth and ArcelorMittal to discuss the terms and procedures for the mediation. (p.11)
- Argentine NCP reiterates its request that Shell responds to allegations in the complaint filed by Citizen Forum of participation for Justice and Human Rights and Friends of the Earth Argentina in 2008 regarding environmental and human health violations caused by the company’s oil refinery in the Dock Sud industrial area.
|Attachment||OECD Watch Quarterly Case Update June 2012 - Final.pdf (Size 517Kb)|