At OECD Watch, we value your privacy. In this Privacy Statement, you can read what personal information OECD Watch collects when you visit our website, how we use that information and what you can do if you have a question or complaint about the way we obtain or use your personal information.
1. What personal information do we collect?
When you visit this websites, OECD Watch may collect personal information about you:
- Information about how you use the website (e.g. the pages you visit, the type of browser and operating system you use);
- Information that you provide when registering for one of our newsletters or events (e.g. your name and email address);
- Information that you provide when donating to OECD Watch (e.g. your name, email address and payment details);
- Information that you provide when filling out the contact form on the website (such as your name, email address and phone number).
2. What does OECD Watch do with your information?
OECD Watch may use your personal information to:
- Administer its website;
- Enable you to access and use its website services;
- Send you the newsletter(s) you subscribed to;
- Confirm and follow-up on your donation or contact request.
In the event that we need to disclose your personal information to our agents or sub-contractors for these purposes (e.g. to a webdeveloper), the agent or sub-contractor in question will be obligated to use that personal information in accordance with the terms of this Privacy Statement.
OECD Watch will not disclose your personal information to other parties, except in the unlikely event that we are legally obliged to do so.
The OECD Watch website, like most websites, uses small text files called cookies. A cookie is a tiny element of data that our website can send to your browser, and may then be stored on your computer or mobile device. If you wish to restrict or block cookies, you can set your internet browser to do so. For more information, please visit: www.aboutcookies.org.
4. Third-party services
In general, any third-party services used by us (e.g. video hosting websites) will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
However, certain third-party service providers, such as sharing services, payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies that govern the information you provide when you use their services. For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies, so you can understand the way in which your personal information will be handled by them.
Once you leave our website or are redirected to a third-party website or application, you are no longer governed by this Privacy Statement.
5. How do we get your consent?
If you accept cookies on our websites, provide us with personal information to register for a newsletter, make a donation or submit a contact request, we imply that you consent to our collecting your personal information and using it for that specific reason only.
If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, such as marketing, we will either ask you directly for your expressed consent, or provide you with an opportunity to say no.
6. How can you withdraw your consent?
If you change your mind after opting-in or submitting personal information, you may withdraw your consent at any time, by contacting us or by sending a letter to: OECD Watch, KNSM-laan 17, 1019 LA Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
7. Securing your data
OECD Watch will take appropriate technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. OECD Watch will store the personal information you provide on its secure servers. We use secure server software (SSL) to secure donation transactions. It encrypts all of your personal information, including banking details, credit card number, name and address, so that it cannot be read as the information travels over the Internet.
8. Updating this statement
OECD Watch may update this Privacy Statement by posting a new version on this website. You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are familiar with any changes.
9. Other websites
When you click on links on our website, they may direct you away from our site. We are not responsible for the privacy policies and practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements. Besides, the inclusion of a link to another site does not imply any endorsement of that site’s privacy policies, practices or content.
10. How to contact OECD Watch
- have any questions about this Privacy Statement or OECD Watch’s treatment of your personal information;
- would like to access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you;
- would like to register a complaint,
- contact us; or
- send a letter to OECD Watch, KNSM-laan 17, 1019 LA Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
Credit – This statement is partly based on a Contractology template, available here.